I’ve been thinking of starting a mini-blog for a while now so decided to do it. I say mini-blog as I want it to be more of a diary, with a few tips and hints as to how I make my life easier!
I’m Ruth aka Ruthless Doom aka Doom. I play Roller Derby for Auckland’s Pirate City Rollers (currently taking a break but more on this another time) hence the name.
A few more bits and pieces:
- I’m 26
- Born and raised in West Yorkshire, England
- Living in Auckland, New Zealand
- I’m qualified and work in Events for Auckland City – more specifically Major Events (Cultural Festivals, Sporting Events/Tournaments and other bits). I LOVE my job and will probably talk much more about it in this blog.
- I play the derby (as mentioned)
- I love Rockabilly/Pin Up style and try to dress like this as often as possible! I’m very much a beginner so look forward to sharing what I learn through here.
- My Fiance and I try to go on at least one big trip per year to the opposite side of the planet and back.
- I love heavy/death/black/thrash/DOOM/power metal. Hence the derby name and blog look ❤
- After mostly hating myself in my teens and having some struggles in my early 20’s, I’ve decided now that I’ve settled into life that I should look after myself. As well as the derbs, I gym often and am currently on Weight Watchers. I will try not to post too much about this as I don’t really want a health/fitness blog but I might do a week in review or something.
Happy reading, I’m looking forward to getting to know you, too!